Hedge Fund Events in September, October & November 2009
- September 23, 2009 – Southeastern Hedge Fund Association Meting
- October 7, 2009 – Bay Area Hedge Fund Roundtable
- October 8, 2009 – South Florida Hedge Fund Managers
- October 21, 2009 – Portland Alternative Investment Association
- November 5, 2009 – Connecticut Hedge Fund Association
- November 12, 2009 – Seattle Alternative Investment Association (Northwest Hedge Fund Society)
More information can be found below.
Dear Members and Guests:
Remember to save the date: September 23rd, 2009 for the upcoming SEHFA meeting.
Meeting will be held at the Buckhead Club located at 3344 Peachtree Road NE, Ste 2600, Atlanta, GA 30326
The meeting will start promptly at 7pm after a brief happy hour from 6pm-7pm.
The speaker for the event is Mr. Andy Redleaf, Founding Partner and CEO with Whitebox Advisors. An original founder of the Deephaven Market Neutral Fund and the creator of Whitebox Advisors, Mr. Redleaf brings a refreshing combination of insight, energy and humor to managing a highly successful and creative family of hedge funds; bearing in mind his 30 years experience as an Options Trader. He graduated from Yale University in three years with a BA and MA in Mathematics. He was recognized as the top mathematics student of his graduating year. Mr. Redleaf is a great resource and will share insightful information at the meeting.
Members are welcome to bring guests to SEHFA meetings. The guest fee for regular meetings will be $30 and will be credited against dues if the guest becomes a member. We ask that the guest reservation be made by the member. Please make all checks payable to the “Southeastern Hedge Fund Association, Inc.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the event. Please remember to save this date as more information will be distributed in the near future.
Save the Date!
Bay Area Hedge Fund Roundtable
Join our leading panelists as they discuss
important topics that impact our industry
October 7, 2009 ♦ 3:30 pm ♦ San Francisco, CA
4 Embarcadero Center
Cleared OTC Products Are Here…
Are You Ready?
The Emerging Importance of Exchange Cleared Financial and Commodity Derivatives
Thursday October 8, 2009 | Conrad Miami
We invite you to join fellow managers and industry professionals for the SFHFM Future of OTC Products Forum on October 8, 2009 in Miami.
Attendees will enjoy an open bar and hors d’oeuvres for a registration fee of $150. Seating is limited, register early. (Two-for-one registration before September 14, 2009).
Preliminary Agenda and Topics:
* Michael Corcelli, Principal, Alexander Alternative and SFHFM.org – Opening Remarks
* Richard Strait, Marketing Director, Triland USA – The importance of commodities and regulated futures in your portfolio and dangers of political manipulation in an otherwise secure market
* Tim Pickering, President, Auspice Capital Advisors Ltd.- Commodity Diversification: The tools to participate effectively: The significance of commodities, ETFs and diversification in your portfolio
* Tom Holleran, CME Director, Energy Products – Utilizing “Clearport” OTC derivative clearing in the world of tight credit and demands for increased transparency
* Keith Murphy – Executive Director, Petro-Diamond Risk Management – Using cleared OTC products in commercial applications
October 21st, 2009
Location: To Be Announced
Address – MAP
Time: To Be Announced
Global Alpha Forum 2009 – Green Shoots & Animal Spirits
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Hyatt Regency Greenwich, 1800 E. Putnam Avenue, Old Greenwich, CT 06870
Global Alpha ForumThe Connecticut Hedge Fund Association (CTHFA) is the premier association of alternative investment professionals operating in the center of the global hedge fund industry. The CTHFA is a professional society open to all stakeholders in Connecticut’s hedge fund industry. On November 5, 2009 CTHFA will host the Global Alpha Forum (GAF) which is the hedge fund industry’s annual meeting and is our answer to the World Economic Forum in Davos. Read more…
If you were in attendance at last year’s Global Alpha Forum in Greenwich last September, you are well aware of the outstanding educational sessions we offered, including the riveting keynote sessions delivered by both former Republican presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani and Larry Summers, former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury and the current Director of the White House’s National Economic Council. If you didn’t attend last year’s Forum, then this is your chance to see what you have been missing!
We are developing a world-class curriculum that will feature:
* A session on lessons learned from the financial crisis
* A currency crisis panel to share best practices on how to adapt to today’s economic climate
* A Regulatory Roundtable that will examine new and pending legislation
* Prominent and riveting keynote speakers
This year’s forum will be held on Thursday, Novtember 5, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency in Greenwich. Early bird registration is available and we encourage you to register now, as seats are limited and filling up quickly. I look forward to your participation.
If your firm has an interest in sponsoring the 2009 Global Alpha Forum, please call 866.992.7921 (toll free) or 860.586.7577 to inquire about sponsorship packages. To complete a sponsorship application Click here .
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Downtown Seattle venue to be determined. Please check back for updates!
• Free for Members
• Non-member fee: $75
Moderator: Michelle Celarier, Editor in Chief, AR Alpha Magazine
Steve Persky, Principal, Dalton Investments, LLC
Jonathan Rosenthal, Partner, Saybrook Capital, LLC
Peter Stein, Managing Director, Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company
Fourth panelist to be determined