A couple of weeks ago the SEC announced that they approved certain updates for Form ADV Part 2 . While these forms will be required for managers who are subject to registration with the SEC (under the new rules, those managers with either $100 or $150 million of assets under management depending on the circumstance), the states are still determining how they are going to handle new Part 2. We have done a preliminary investigation by calling a number of the more popular states and found that most states are planning to implement new Part 2, but are not sure when the requirement will be finalized. From our research, Texas is the only state that has set a date for implementation of new Part 2.
The list of states is below. We will continue to update this list.
- Arizona – will require but not sure starting when
- California – will require but not sure when
- Colorado – will require but not sure starting when
- Connecticut – discussing now and will have a decision at the end of the month
- Illinois – will require but not sure starting when
- Massachusetts – will require but not sure starting when
- Texas – will require starting 01/11
Other related hedge fund law articles:
Cole-Frieman & Mallon LLP provides legal support and hedge fund compliance services to all types of investment managers. Bart Mallon, Esq. can be reached directly at 415-868-5345.