Panel to Focus on Operational & Fundraising Issues
On Thursday February 11, 2010 Conifer Securities will host a panel discussion at the The City Club of San Francisco starting at 3pm. For more information, please see the flyer on the Conifer website. I’ve also posted more information on this event below. For a listing of other hedge fund events this month, please see our February Hedge Fund Events page.
The New Paradigm: 2010 Best Practices for Managing Your Business & Successfully Raising New Assets
Date: February 11, 2010
Time: 3:00pm to 4:30 panel discussion. Cocktails will be served following the discussion.
***New Location: The City Club of San Francisco
155 Sansome Street, 11th Floor
San Francisco, Ca. 94104
- Rachel Minard, previously President and Partner of Cogo Wolf Asset Management, LLC
- Travis Shore, Director of Hedged Strategies at The University of Florida
- John Broadhurst, Partner at Shartsis Friese, LLP
- Jack McDonald, President and CEO of The Conifer Group, LLC will moderate the discussion
Important topics that will be covered:
- What are the most important factors from an allocator’s perspective?
- How do you effectively market your fund to institutions and family offices?
- Tailoring your presentation to the target audience
- Third party marketers vs. in-house team
- Counter-party diversification
- Due Diligence requirements
- Separately Managed Accounts: Current & future regulatory environment
o Trends in Asset Flows: What strategies? Is AUM a determining factor to winning a mandate?
o Building an infrastructure in the post-Lehman/Madoff era
o Best Practices: Operational and Investment Integrity
o Investor considerations: Fee structures, Transparency, Liquidity, Control
Bart Mallon, Esq. runs the Hedge Fund Law Blog and provides hedge fund information and manager registration services through Cole-Frieman & Mallon LLP He can be reached directly at 415-868-5345.